16th Conference on Legal Translation Court Interpreting and Comparative Legilinguistics (Legal Linguistics)
The Institute of Applied Linguistics, Faculty of Modern Languages and Literature at Adam Mickiewicz University together with Dimitrie Cantemir Christian University (http://limbi-straine.ucdc.ro/legaltranslation-bucharest.php), will hold an international conference devoted to language and the law. Our aim is to provide a forum for discussion in those scientific fields where linguistic and legal interests converge, and to facilitate integration between linguists, computer scientists and lawyers from all around the world. The conference will be held online over 2 days, from 18th to 19th June (Friday-Saturday) 2021.
The main topic of the Conference will be
“LITERATURE, MEDIA AND LAW”
Call for papers
- (i) Literature in law
- (ii) Law in literature
- (iii) Law on literary works
- (iv) Media discourse and law
- (v) Freedom of media discourse
- (vi) Libel and slander
20 places at the conference will be reserved for persons submitting the papers on the main topic.
But we also invite papers on the following topics:
“LEGAL TRANSLATION AND INTERPRETING”
- (i) legal translation;
- (ii) legal interpreting;
- (iii) teaching legal translation and interpreting;
- (iv) certified translators and interpreters in legal proceedings;
- (v) mistranslation and misinterpreting in legal context.
“LEGAL LANGUAGES AND LEGAL DISCOURSE”
- (i) legal linguistics;
- (ii) history of legal language;
- (iii) legal terminology;
- (iv) legal genres;
- (v) EU legal language;
- (vi) analysis of legal discourse
- (vii) structure and semantics of statutes and other legal instruments;
- (viii) development of legal languages;
- (ix) legal and linguistic interpretation of texts formulated in legal language;
- (x) teaching legal language;
- (xi) speech style in the courtroom;
- (xii) comprehensibility of legal instruments;
- (xiii) Plain Language Campaigns;
- (xiv) linguistic aspects of cross-examination;
- (xv) technicality in legal language.
“LAWS ON LANGUAGES”
- (i) language rights;
- (ii) linguistic minorities and linguistic human rights;
- (iii) language and disadvantage before the law.Presentation slots should not exceed 30 minutes (20 minutes long presentation plus 10 minutes for questions). Power Point presentations are invited. Papers from the conference will be published after positive reviews. Any questions concerning the conference should be submitted to the following address: email@example.com The abstracts should be sent by 15th March 2021.
Abstract acceptance notification: 20th March 2021.
Submission of full papers : 30 July 2021.
- Registration form: https://docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/1LzruSbvyxcvVJwusth2keg3cpDlQ6eHFJcuQhdzsYNU/viewform?edit_requested=true
- Updated conference information will be available in due time at: http://limbi-straine.ucdc.ro/lt-cfp-bucharest.php
- Early payment by 31 March 2020: €25.
Payment from 1 April to 20 April 2020: €50.
Payment after 21 April till conference: €75.
We kindly request you to pay the fee into the following account:
Bank Account Details:
Payee: Adam Mickiewicz University
Address: ul. H. Wieniawskiego 1, 61-712 Poznan, Poland
VAT no: PL7770006350
Bank: Santander Bank Polska S.A.
Address: Plac Wolności 15, 60-967 Poznan, Poland
IBAN: PL 77 1090 1362 0000 0000 3601 7903
Swift: WBK PPLPP
For: KN 000040 your name and surname
Note: It is vital that you place on your money transfer the following number: KN 000040.
No partial registration is envisaged, so it will not be possible to register for just one or two days.
We do not accept credit cards.
In case of cancellations the conference fee is not refunded. However, the contributors may submit their papers.
LANGUAGES: English, French and German.